Tuesday, April 13, 2010

she's a yes-man

I went to my boyfriend's house for the weekend, to spend time with his parents. Whenever I go there, I'm always overwhelmed by all of the artwork from his and his sister's childhood - so much of it is adorable, skilled and amusing to peruse. It makes me think about the things we save over the years, the things that matter and mean something.

The reason I bring it up is that I got something of my own to hold onto. My first graduation gift! And it's a doozy. Months and months ago, my boyfriend made me stand against a wall and take head shots at multiple angles, presumably so that he could give them to the police for when I'm found lying face down in a ditch. But here's the result instead:



For the first time ever, a piece of memorabilia that shows me as a real, REAL doctor! And I'll get to treasure it forever and ever on my grownup doctor's desk in my grownup doctor's office in my grownup doctor's practice!!! AND IT'S A FRICKIN' BOBBLEHEAD DOLL!!!!!

(I may have melted a little.)

2 comments:

  1. Your boyfriend must have a very good head on his own shoulders. His parents sound head and shoulders above the rest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I want one when I finish medical school!

    ReplyDelete