Monday, April 12, 2010

AHA! I knew I had a future in vascular surgery

Ever since a meltdown I had a few weeks ago, I have been attempting to master the art of crochet. A girlfriend of mine (and one damn hot devil-in-a-red-dress) has been after me for months to try it, and finally got me to go to a crochet knit-and-bitch with her friends. I decided to give it a shot because, after all, it will improve fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination and blah blah blah. But it's actually pretty damn cool that a person can make some gorgeous pieces using squishy soft skeins, and it gives me something to do with my hands whenever I'm bored / frustrated / avoiding studying for Step III.

Except, this is all I have to show for 1 month's work:



Yes, it's a sad blue square. But today I shall be meeting said sexy girlfriend in the city, and hopefully she'll sort me out on how to switch from blue to charcoal grey-black yarn. Yea!!

PS, I was crocheting in radiology earlier today thinking that even if I mastered crochet, it still wouldn't give me the hand skills I need to do surgery. Until I read this: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071022122214.htm ...Teehee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment